Τμήμα Οικονομικών Επιστημών (ΜΔΕ)
Permanent URI for this collection
- ItemOpen AccessΗ επίδραση του Covid-19 στο ηλεκτρονικού εμπορίου(2023-01-25)Στόχος της παρούσας διπλωματικής εργασίας είναι να μελετήσει την επίδραση της πανδημίας του Covid-19 στο ηλεκτρονικό εμπόριο. Σκοπός της είναι να δώσει μια πιο σφαιρική εικόνα για της επιπτώσεις της πανδημίας στον τομέα του ηλεκτρονικού εμπορίου. Η Πανδημία του Κορονοϊού (Covid-19) έκανε την εμφάνιση της τον Δεκέμβριο του 2019 στην πόλη Ουχαν της Κίνας. Στις 30 Ιανουαρίου 2020 ο Παγκόσμιος Οργανισμός Υγείας ανακοίνωσε ό,τι αποτελεί Έκτακτη Ανάγκη Δημόσιας Υγείας Διεθνούς Ενδιαφέροντος και στις 30 Μαρτίου ό,τι αποτελεί Πανδημία. Έπειτα ακολούθησαν μια σειρά από μέτρα από τις κυβερνήσεις των χωρών ώστε να αντιμετωπίσουν την πανδημία. Αυτή η υγειονομική κρίση είχε σαν αποτέλεσμα να επηρεάσει την παγκόσμια οικονομία αλλά και να αλλάξει τον τρόπο που ζούμε ωθώντας την ανθρωπότητα στην ψηφιοποιήση και στην ανάπτυξη της τεχνολογίας. Η εργασία ολοκληρώνεται με συγκεκριμένες επιδράσεις της πανδημίας στον χώρο του ηλεκτρονικού εμπορίου.
- ItemOpen AccessThe role of ESGs of firm's performance(2023-02-22)In this master thesis is being investigated the ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) role in the performance of the business. Even Nevertheless, there is a link between ESG and CSR that has already been established in the literature. ESG data is becoming more and more crucial for businesses today, as well as for organizations connected to them (such banks and investors). In order to attract potential investors, employees, and customers, businesses must demonstrate transparency, trust, and responsibility in their environmental aims. A brief mention is made of both the UN (United Nations) MDGs (Millennium Development Goals) and additional new SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) aims. Four different research areas are included in this study: (1) ESG Disclosure and Firm Performance, (2) ESG and Firm Characteristics, (3) ESG and Labor Productivity, and (4) Financial Components of a Firm and ESG. Also this thesis examines each stream's literature and makes connections to it. Only the first and third streams reveal a favorable relationship to the company and hence the ESG Performance.
- ItemOpen AccessThe effects of oil price changes on inflation and output in Greece(2022-12-19)This thesis refers to the effect of oil price fluctuations on the economy with an emphasis on its different sectors. Emphasis is placed on the macroeconomic level, therefore, reference is made to supply and demand, inflation, GDP levels and employment. The research includes a literature review, and empirical results from Greek data. In this context, an initial theoretical analysis of the main themes of the paper was made and then the key terms of the study inflation as a phenomenon and the oil production industry were analysed. The study methodology was then explained, and the data analysis was presented. The 26 articles that were the focus of the study were then analysed and through their analysis it emerged that, basically, fluctuations in oil prices are positively associated with the increase in inflation and interest rates and negatively with demand and economic growth. However, the research also showed that fluctuations in oil prices do not always cause crises, nor are they the essential cause of them. Rather, it is the structural, systemic and economic problems that make a particular state vulnerable to crises. Thus, the causes and consequences of oil price fluctuations can be common and their limits difficult to identify, creating a vicious circle. One solution for Greece and nations around the world is to reduce dependence on crude oil and invest in renewable energy sources.
- ItemOpen AccessEnergy prices and geopolitical tensions(2022-11-30)Energy and geopolitics have always affected one another. This dissertation investigates the timevarying impact of geopolitical instability on the volatility of three of the most consumed energy commodities using monthly data spanning from July 1988 to June 2022. The employed dataset includes the prices of Brent Oil, Dutch TTF and Electricity Day Ahead Prices for Greece for the period December 2014 to June 2022, as well as the global Geopolitical Risk Index. Using a rolling window estimation, initially, the impact of geopolitical risk on the volatility of energy prices is examined, and subsequently, we attempt to separate the geopolitical risks in those caused by geopolitical acts and those caused by geopolitical threats.A static estimation is also provided for each commodity as a comparison tool. Overall, the empirical findings show that there is a time-varying impact of geopolitical risks on the volatility of energy prices. Brent Oil is noticed to have the most impactful effect, and this effect shows up in similar time periods to the Dutch TTF. The periods 2007-2010 and 2014-2019 are those with significant impact while the biggest effect is shown after 2021 for all 3 commodities. For the electricity Day Ahead prices in Greece the only period we notice statistically significant effect is after June 2021.
- ItemOpen AccessSustainable development goals, emissions and sector’s performance(2022-10-25)This study examines the energy and environmental efficiency of various industry sectors using Data Envelopment Analysis model (DEA), to identify the extent to which industry sectors address the Sustainable Development Goals. It also investigates the direct relationship between energy environmental efficiency and CO2 emissions, which consequently has an effect on the goals. The findings indicate that there are considerable differences in efficiency scores and production technology between and within different industry sectors, which causes the majority of the sample to produce at levels that are much below ideal. Additionally, a regression model that was created showed a direct negative impact of efficiency on CO2 emissions. We have suggested that inefficient industries require cooperation within the Sectors, investment in production technology, and properly targeted tax regulations and penalties in order to maximize their contribution to the SDGs.